Friday, February 15, 2013

Wise Men and Women Continually Seek after GOD


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
(Proverbs 9:10, NIV)
TODAY’S WORD
After Jesus was born, the Bible tells us that Wise Men came from the East to bow before Him and worship Him. They went to great lengths just to get a glimpse of the child and traveled a long distance for many months, following the star. When they saw Him, they were so overwhelmed. The scripture says they fell on their faces to honor and worship Him.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. That means that we should have a reverential honor and respect for Him — just like the Wise Men did. We are wise when we set everything else in life aside in order to seek Him. We are wise when we worship Him and give Him everything that we are. We are wise when we take time to honor Him. Remember, God is a rewarder of the people who diligently seek after Him. As you continue to put Him first in all you do, you’ll increase in wisdom and discernment, and you’ll move forward into the life of blessing He has in store for you.
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I choose wisdom by choosing to honor You. I put You first in my heart, my mind, my emotions and my actions. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You and acknowledge You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment